Prairie Day 2003
Join us for the annual Prairie Day Saturday, August 9!
Admission: $3.00 per adult; children free!
Gates open at 10:00am.
This year's line-up includes demonstrations, workshops, guest speakers, guided walks and activities for kids. A home-style barbeque and refreshments will be available.
* Find out how and why song birds are being banded on the Preserve!
* Learn about wild edibles and make your own rope from wild prairie plants!
* Roast your own bannock over an open fire!
* Hear Russ Reisz from The Nature Conservancy in Minnesota and Cary Hamel of the Manitoba Conservation Data Centre talk about joint efforts to preserve this endangered ecosystem in both Canada and the United States.
* Kids can have their faces painted and try their hand at capturing and identifying grassland and aquatic insects.
Location: Manitoba Tall Grass Prairie Preserve, see map below:
2 Miles East of Tolstoi on Provincial Road 209